Earth Carers desire to make daily lifestyle choices that are inspired by sustainable living on behalf of this great supporting earth. With so much knowledge within our community and beyond, we invite you to collaborate with us in this project! It is an invitation to co-create a healthy future with skills to practice every week. Imagine individual and community transformation in a year!
With Covid restricting our capacity to gather in our usual way to share skills for sustainability - we hope you can join us in this space!
We aim to create a list of 52 Ways to Care for the Earth. This wisdom can include Tips and 'how to's' to share #skillsforsustainability. From earth care to people care and fair share, this list will provide inspiration for our followers for each week of the year, so every keen person can learn, practice and create new habits individually and also as part of the collective - doing it together.
Timeline > from Solstice to solstice is a year. This would give us until June 21st to get all the data and create graphic design etc to launch.
How it works;
1. You provide your input in this form. Ideally, share what you are passionate about, skilled in or a specialist of so readers can connect with you to learn more. Yay - we celebrate your effort!
2. We make a blog post on our website with all the juicy info, including the collaborator (you) with links, images and references (basically what you provide in this form).
3. We collate the data and make a gorgeous E-book download for a small donation as a fundraiser for earth care projects to be carried out by our organisation.
4. We promote the launch for Solstice - 21st May and you help promote to your networks to reach and inspire as many people as we collectively can!
5. Each week, we publish Instagram and Facebook posts to launch one of the #52waystocarefortheearth to the global community, with links to the blog post above, so they can access the wisdom and take action.
Easy peasy! So, what tips do you have about living sustainably do have have to share?
Without further ado, please get started here via this google form to easily collaborate here!
As we continue our work as Earth Carers, we seek the solutions we already have which can heal our planet – and integrate them into our lifestyles.
With the recent global shifts resulting from COVID 19 - many people have started or have revamped their edible gardens. Amid the current crisis, it's important to acknowledge how the natural world is being given a chance to heal in unprecedented ways.
Cities in India are seeing the Himalayan mountains for the first time in their lives from the clearing of smog pollution. The Venice Canals are the clearest they've been in 60 years, with dolphins returning. Turtles are returning to lay eggs on beaches where they haven't been spotted in decades. The air quality in Los Angeles is the cleanest it's been in 40 years. - Rob The Need To GROW Film writer / Earth Conscious Life
Earth Day is about pausing to acknowledge our life support system - Gaia, Pachamama, Mother Earth. Then intention is to plant a seed of conscious thought to give positive feedback and inspires us to start the new habits today that we can carry through the whole year.
Here are 5x Earth Care Habits:
Additionally, you may feel called to donate to an environmental organisation like ours to support them to do the groundwork or simply watch an eco-friendly film with the family to learn more and be inspired with other options.
However you participate, your efforts have a ripple effect! Intention leads us on the path of what we focus on...so let's take time now to envision a better and healthier society and consider that the sum of our individual beliefs and actions will determine the outcome of our collective future. We are all in this together.
Stay tuned for the Earth Care Collectives collaborative community project for "52 Skills for Sustainability". It is an invitation to co-create a healthy future with skills to practice every week. Imagine individual and community transformation in a year! (link to post just for this).
To find out much more, visit https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-live/ and catch this music and talks by the line up of thought leaders celebrating and supporting Earth Day!